Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 7.0.X EE, Master
Component/s: Search Infrastructure > Elasticsearch Connector
After the fix for --
-- was committed, a new issue was caused. Now, if you have a document with some Japanese text in it, and you search for Japanese text, only the last character of each word that you searched for will be highlighted, instead of the entire word being highlighted. LPS-72222
Steps to Reproduce
- Start up the portal and log in as the admin user.
- Add a Documents and Media portlet to a page.
- Go to Site Settings > Languages and set Japanese as the Default Language.
- Upload the attached Document1.txt (contains content あいうえお かきくけこ 日本語)
- Go to My Account > Account Settings and set Language to Japanese: 日本語 (日本)
- Search in the search portlet for あいうえお 日本語.
Expected result: "あい" and "日本語" would be highlighted.
Actual result: Only the last character of each of those text strings is highlighted ("お" and "語").
Reproduced in master (bf34e6b6517e88165df19a829058e4d5a18f67a8)
Reproduced in ee-7.0.x (23246d28294906ca474224a1bcfe2a33a8313cec)