Affects Version/s: 7.0.X EE, Master
Web Content that have references to data that no longer exists may prevent Staging publishes due to missing references.
Steps to reproduce:
- Add two new sites, and navigate to one of them
- Add a Web Content structure with a Link-to-page field
- Add a template based on the new structure
- Add two public pages, Page A and Page B
- Add a new Web Content article based on the new structure, and make the Link-to-page field point to Page B
- After publishing the article, edit it, clear the link, and publish again
- Delete Page B
- Set up remote Staging to publish to the other new site
- Attempt to publish Web Content
Expected result: the Web Content can be successfully published.
Actual result: the missing layout prevents the Web Content from being successfully published, and the publish fails. A stack trace is shown in the console.
The similar error happens for web content with broken file entry references