Affects Version/s: Master
Component/s: Frontend Infrastructure
When Liferay DXP is running on a non-ROOT context the download links for documents generated by the documents and media portlet do not download the document when left-clicked, but instead open undecipherable text in the browser window. If the download link is control-clicked (to open it in a new tab) the download works as expected.
Steps to Reproduce:
In a clean Liferay DXP Bundle with DE-14 installed:
1. Change the context of the portal from ROOT to 'xyz':
A. Change the name of the ROOT directory to xyz.
B. Change the name of /TOMCAT_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost/ROOT.xml to 'xyz.xml'
C. Add the "path" attribute to the Context tag in the newly named 'xyz.xml' as follows:
2. Ensure all changes are saved and start Liferay.
3. Access the portal at localhost:8080/xyz
4. Navigate to Menu > Content > Documents and Media
5. Upload some documents of any file type (I used a .pdf)
6. Click on the Document.
7. Click on the 'Info' icon.
8. Left-click on the Download link.
Document is downloaded.
Undecipherable text is loaded in the tab.