7.0.X EE, Master
Tomcat 8.0.32 + MySQL 5.6. Portal ee-7.0.x GIT ID: a74b874a146ca6e112b80b9ccd8cc464a642ca69.
Tomcat 8.0.32 + MySQL 5.6. Portal master GIT ID: eb2e6d24f919ec6ab5c28d6bc1de47edcebfaf58.
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to Product Menu > Control Panel > Configuration > Virtual Instances and add a Virtual Instance.
- Navigate to the Virtual Instance.
- Create a Site Template.
- Create a User Group or User Personal Site
- Select the created Site Template under the My Profile section
- Navigate back to localhost:8080.
- Try to delete the Virtual Instance created in step 1.
The Virtual Instance will be deleted.
The portal will give a "Your request failed to complete" message and the Virtual Instance will not be deleted.
If I don't use the Site Template for creating the User Group, the Virtual Instance can be deleted.
Note: After adding a Virtual Instance, When adding a User Group OR a Site Template, the Virtual Instance can still be deleted without issue. It's when having the combination of a User Group that points to the Site Template when we run into the issue.