Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 7.0.X EE, Master
Component/s: Portal Services
Even if the property "virtual.hosts.default.site.name" is set in the portal-ext.properties file, Liferay web URLs still have "/web/[groupFriendlyURL] in them. This is the incorrect behavior, as the purpose of the above property is to remove that.
Steps to reproduce
1. Start up a bundle of Liferay
2. Go to Control Panel > Sites > Sites and add a new site called "Test"
3. Shut down Liferay and add "virtual.hosts.default.site.name=Test" to the portal-ext.properties file
4. Start up Liferay again
5. go to Control Panel --> Instance Settings and change the "Virtual Host" (In my use-case, it was set to www.billtower.com)
6. Connect the "Virtual Host" domain name to the local host IP address in the Operating System host file
7. Go to the domain name and log in
8. Add a public page called "1" to the "Test" site and visit the page
Expected Result: Web URL should read (for my use-case) "www.billtower.com:8080/1"
Actual Result: Web URL reads (for my use-case) "www.billtower.com:8080/web/test/1
Reproduced in master (e43a39c1c08130d78b244f05551212eef0065c13)
Reproduced in ee-7.0.x (7bebc03359cf79c98623fa1e84284085d8a10ba9)