For a given site, generating sitemap.xml can involve requesting a layout (e.g., display page) that might not exist, due to an inconsistent database or some other reason. In those cases no file is generated, a message of "Not Found" is displayed:
and the following trace is printed to log:
The expected behavior could be:
- to print a WARN log trace informing that such and such layout cannot be found,
- to generate a sitemap.xml without the inconsistent references.
A quick way to generate the error message and the log trace would be
- In the site, create at least a display page and a web content pointing to it.
- In the database, table layout, modify the value of layoutuuid for the display page.
- Request http://localhost:8080/sitemap.xml.
Observed: No file is produced. A message of "Not Found" is displayed and a trace of "Forward does not exist" (see Description section).
Expected: A file without inconsistencies is produced. A WARN log trace is printed showing information about the layout that couldn't be found.