Affects Version/s: 7.0.0 DXP GA1, 7.0.0 DXP FP22
Component/s: Search Infrastructure > Solr Connector
- Integrate Liferay with Solr 5: https://dev.liferay.com/discover/deployment/-/knowledge_base/7-0/using-solr (Reproduced with Liferay Solr 5 Search Engine 1.0.0)
- Reindex Indexes
- Reindex spell check indexes
- Wait until messages like
appear in the log
- Enable "Did you mean..." feature in Search Portlet configuration (set threshold to 1 for simplicity)
- Search for "herc"
Expected: "Did you mean: herb" hint displayed
Actual: No hints displayed.
QA & Solution Notes
As the fix includes changes to the "portal-search-solr" app too, build it from source to test the solution in case of branch versions:
- Build portal (required due to the portal-kernel changes)
- Go to modules/app/portal-search-solr
- Run ./../../../../gradlew deploy
In case of Marketplace versions, the fix will be included in a future release of Liferay (CE) Solr 5 Search Engine (>1.0.0!).