Affects Version/s: 6.2.X EE, 7.0.X EE, Master
Component/s: Frontend Infrastructure > UI Taglibs
If the default language is empty it is always filled with the first entered value, even if another language is selected. In most cases this is not a big problem because it is required to provide a value for the default language. However for custom fields it makes sense to allow empty values for the default langauge
- Create New custom field for "Documents Folder" with name "Test" and type should be "Localized Text".
- Now go to "Documents and Media": Add/Folder
- At the "Test" field, the USA flag is selected by default, and the field is empty.
- Click on the German flag and type in "german".
- Note: At this point the value is copied to the default language field, not at save
- Then click Save. Check the expandovalue table: you can see that the "german" string is saved for the en_US locale.
- Then click Actions/Edit for the folder.****
Result: At the "Display Name" the USA flag is selected by default and the field shows the text "german".
Expectation: At the "Display Name" the USA flag is selected by default and the field shows no text, because we didn't provide any value for the US locale in step 3 and 4.