Affects Version/s: None
- Improve the feedback messages for workflow builders.
- Portal Admin - Workflow Builder;
- Allow users to be informed about errors and how to act upon it;
- Allow users to be informed about confirmed actions;
- Allow users to undo actions that may cause unwanted changes;
As a workflow builder, I want to be informed about actions I have performed, so I can be sure about what is happening on the system.
- When importing a definition from a file, the user must be able to undo this action: a dismissible alert must provide an "undo" link;
- When unpublishing a workflow, if it is assigned to assets, the error message should indicate which assets are that;
- Alert types:
- Dismissible alerts for error and warning messages: they just disappear if the user closes it;
- Temporary alerts for success messages: they disappear within some time (see item 2 bellow) or if the user closes it;
- Exception: See item 1 above.
- Temporary alert timing:
- 10 sec if there are actions associated;
- 5 sec if there are no actions associated;
- In both cases the time freezes on hover to allow more time to the user to interact with the alert message. On mouse out the countdown continues.
- Invision Prototype: https://liferay.invisionapp.com/share/KECTKWRGZ
- Lexicon documentation for Alerts: http://lexicon-site.wedeploy.io/docs/patterns/alerts.html