Steps to reproduce:
- Set up properties for db upgrade client(There are two ways to do this, and both of them should be tested)
- cd into a directory which doesn't contain the client's jar
For example, if the client is in /liferay-home/tools/portal-tools-db-upgrade-client, just cd into /liferay-home
- run the client using java -jar /path/to/client.jar
For example in 1), run "java -jar tools/portal-tools-db-upgrade-client/com.liferay.portal.tools.db.upgrade.client.jar"
The upgrade runs well
The upgrade can't run due to class not found
Two ways to set up properties for DB Upgrade Client:
1) Set properties on console
a. Execute com.liferay.portal.tools.db.upgrade.client.jar directly, and follow the prompt to set up properties
2) Modify *.properties to set properties
a. Modify *.properties files in same folder as com.liferay.portal.tools.db.upgrade.client.jar
b. "dir" in app-server.properties and "liferay.home" in portal-upgrade-ext.properties are relative path to where current folder is, you can also set absolute path to these two properties.