Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, Master
Component/s: Frontend Infrastructure
- Add a public page to the site Liferay; its friendly url should start with the character 'c'; eg, cage1.
- Add a second public page; eg, page2.
- Add an Application Display Template of type Language Selector Template with the code in the attached file language_selector_template_LPS.ftl. This template calculates the url's to different languages using the method PortalUtil.getAlternateURL.
- Add the Language selector portlet to cat1 and add the template created in the last step.
- Introduce the url: localhost:8080/es/web/guest/cage1.
- Change for instance to French using the language selector portlet. (url should now be localhost:8080/fr/cage1)
- Navigate to page2 using the navigation portlet. (url should now be localhost:8080/fr/web/guest/page2)
- Click on the browser's back arrow. (url should now be localhost:8080/fr/cage1)
Expected: The previous page is loaded and shown.
Observed: The page keeps loading indefinitely. After some moments the familiar message warns that the operation is taking longer than expected.
- It is important that the navigation localhost:8080/fr/cage1 is arrived at via normal navigation, rather than directly typing it in the browser address bar.
- The use of an ADT makes it easy to navigate to url's ending in the form /$locale/$page_name