The goal of this story is to implement a new ADT Card design for blogs articles list.
A card is seldom complex, and its purpose is to entice the user to click through.
- Add a new Asset Display Template Item named "Cards"
- Add different styles for Desktop and Mobile
Two types of cards:
- With cover: If the user has added an image
- Without cover: If the user hasn't added an image
- Admin actions are shown hovering the card.
- Admin actions are shown by default in each card for mobile view
They follow the interaction rules created in
Admin actions follow the design created for Asset Title Bar Component
- Comments, Likes/Rating, Time Read plus social buttons follow the design for Asset Toolbar Component
- Blog Cards
A new Application Display Template is added to the Global Site for the Blogs application. This new Application Display Template displays the blogs as cards so they have a more visual impact when displaying the entries. In order to take full advantage of the capabilities of the ADT, the Portal Administrator will need to modify the Settings of the Freemarker Engine in System Settings to remove "serviceLocator" from the section "Restricted Variables". If the serviceLocator variable is removed, the link of the User who created the blog entry will point to his personal site and also the number of views will be available (if the Blog Portlet is configured to show the number of views). If the Freemarker Engine Settings are not modified, the Application Display template will still work but it won't contain a link for the user nor the number of views.