Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, Master
Component/s: Liferay Themes > Classic
x-ua-compatible directive not respected in IE9 due to wrong position in head tag
Steps to reproduce
- Start a clean bundle
- Open an IE9 and access liferay
- Note that the compatibility icon is displayed and we can switch to compatibility mode
Not respecting the IE=Edge directive
- Check source code's <head> tag and confirm that x-ua-compatible position is after some css is loaded
- In webapps/ROOT/html/common/themes/top_head.jsp, move the loading of css after the top_meta tags.
- Remove Tomcat's temp/work to clear cache and restart Liferay
- Access liferay again in IE9
- Note that the compatibility icon is not displayed because x-ua-compatible is properly respected
IE=Edge directive not respected and compatibility icon is displayed
IE=Edge directive respected and compatibility icon is NOT displayed
The X-UA-Compatible header isn't case sensitive; however, it must appear in the header of the webpage (the HEAD section) before all other elements except for the title element and other meta elements.