Affects Version/s: 7.0.X
Component/s: Application Security > Login/Sign in Portlet
When using only a non-English/US locale for a site, password reset emails are not sent when a user requests one from that site. Note that this issue only affects 7.0.x. It does not affect master because
LPS-69371 fixes the issue in master; however, LPS-69371 cannot be backported as it is a Technical Task ticket, so we will be making a unique fix for 7.0.x in this ticket.
1. Set up an SMTP Server to work with Liferay.
2. Create a new site.
3. Change the locales such that A) Only one locale is available for the site, and B) That locale is not English/US.
4. Customize the login portlet of that site with a custom email subject and body
5. Create a new user and assign the user to the created site
6. As that user, go through the usual verification process, log in, then log out.
7. As that user, request a password reset link
Expected Result: The email with the password reset link is sent.
Actual Result: No email is sent.