Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, Master
- Create a new site template with the name "testtemplate"
- Go to the "testtemplate" and populate it with some default portlets (Asset Publisher, Web Content Display, User Statistics, Requests, Contacts Center, Recent Content, Hello Word, etc) with default configurations.
- Create 10 Sites from the template created in (3)
- Open 10 tabs that are pointing to the 10 different home pages from the created sites in (5)
- Configure this 10 tabs defined in (6) to refresh automatically every 5 seconds (to simulate user load). I used Chrome with Auto Refresh extension for this purpose
- After everything is configured, go to the "Site Template Example" again and add a new Liferay portlet. This must trigger the template propagation.
- You might or might not see exceptions being triggered in the logs. In case you don't, please add more and more portlets to the "Site Template Example". In my case, this took less than 20 portlets to this exceptions to be triggered.
You can also use the attached Groovy scripts to reproduce this behavior:
ResetLayoutSetPrototypeSites.groovy - run this Groovy before each test run to reset the state on all layouts if you encounter any errors on the previous run
ParallelImportLayoutSetPrototype.groovy - run this Groovy script to simulate load for one minute, and you add/remove portlets from pages while it's running
master, git hash: 82b27fb95ada4868804f21d63ec87510504aecff