Similar for DM: LPS-74642
Investigating Web Content search behavior it turned out we index fields inconsistently. "Title" behaves differently from "Content" and "Description" as of --
Steps to reproduce:
- Login with Test Test
- Create a Web Content Article with title "liferay"
Note: the article only has 1 translation which is EN US by default and this is the article's default locale
- Add Language Selector to a page
- Switch to another locale
- Search for "liferay"
Article is not found
- Edit the article and add "foo" as a content
- Search for "foo"
Article is returned
Expected behaviour (determined by the product team):
- Index one localized field per translation
- Query has one clause per each Site language, as "should" (matching any)
- Query uses Site languages only, ignores Display Locale altogether
- Query gets bigger and slower as number of Site languages increase
- Japanese in western fields (en_US, nl_NL) gives inexplicable search results
- Japanese in western fields (en_US, nl_NL) highlights incorrectly
- Never index "title" - it's western by default, bad for Japanese. (-
7.0.x commit 788161b414cefb00a136311c0fd55391a431eeee
Master commit 9f2cbbd236513332dca1ef619bca3dec6616a4c1
Searching from a search portlet results the same issue.