"As a blog reader, I want to be able to sort all the blog comments"
We have detected a lack of this feature in blogs and it's a common pattern in the web. Providing this feature, our users will reach quickly the oldest/newest/most popular comments.
- Add three tabs labeled: "Oldest", "Recent" and "Popular"
There are three options that can be chosen:
- Oldest: Comments are sorted from oldest to newest (selected by default)
- Recent: Comments are sorted from newest to oldest
- Popular: Comments are sorted from most popular to less popular (this option is shown only if ratings for comments is enabled)
Each option has a tooltip:
- Oldest: "Comments in the order they were provided"
- Recent: "New comments first "
- Popular: "Comments with the highest score first"
Currently, there are three options for comments (instance settings > social):
- Likes: Comments are sorted from most voted to least voted
- Stars: Comments are sorted from most rated to least rated
- Thumbs: Comments are sorted from most voted to least voted (thumbs up less thumbs down)
If a comment is replied, a nested comments starts. All the nested comments are not affected by the ordering feature. All the nested comments are displayed from oldest to newest.
This feature follows the styles created by LEXI-284