Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, Master
When having a predefined value for a single checkbox on a form whether you submitted the form as checked (Yes) or unchecked (No), entires will always save as Yes / true.
1. Create a new form
2. Add a Single Checkbox field and give it a label like "Terms"
3. Scroll down and "Show More Options" and turn "Predefined Value" on
4. Save the form and add it to a page using the From portlet.
5. Submit the form as is with the "Terms" box checked
6. Unselected the "Terms" box and submit the form for the second time
7. Navigate to the Forms content menu and "View Entries"
Actual Result: Both entires were submitted as "Yes" or true
Expected Result: There should be one entry submitted as "Yes" (true) and another submitted as "No" (false)
master: The bad code exists in master identical to 7.0.x but you can't reproduce it there following the steps above because the single checkbox is not currently (3070c5c0803bcc725369c4fc637b79bd8c73aa59) an option for forms.
7.0.x: The regression is caused by
LPS-73350 and thus is only reproducible after backporting that LPS to branch.