Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 7.0.0 DXP FP39, 7.0.X, 7.1.X, Master
Component/s: Application Security > LDAP
- Set up Liferay with OpenLDAP.
- Set LDAP password encryption to SHA-384 and authentication method to Password Compare
- Create a user in LDAP with SHA-384 encrypted password
- Try to log in with the created user
Experenced behavior: you are unable to log in.
Expected behavior: you should be able to log in.
Start OpenLDAP docker image
Add user firstname.lastname@example.org with password secret
Configure Liferay OpenLDAP
- Control Panel -> Instance Settings -> Authentication -> LDAP
- Check Enabled and Required
- Password encryption: SHA-384
- Authentication method: Password Compare
- Add new LDAP server
- Select OpenLDAP
- URL: ldap://localhost:10389
- Principal: cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com
- Credentials: secret
Sign in as email@example.com and password secret