Affects Version/s: 6.2.X EE, 7.0.X, Master
Component/s: ~ [Archived] Frontend Infrastructure
The custom-attribute taglib is failing an Accessibility Rule where the <label> element is to be explicitly associated to a form control element, in this case <select> element. The <label> requires a for attribute that has a value that is the same as the id attributre of the <select> element. This Accessibility Rule provides assistance to users who need help understanding the purpose of the field as well as a larger clickable area which can be helpful for users with impaired motor control.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Navigate to the Control Panel -> Custom Fields -> User
2. Add Custom Field with a key of "testGroups" and a "Type of Group of Text Values", click Save
3. To the Values field, add TestGroup1, TestGroup2, Testgroup3, each on their own line.
4. Change the Display Type to Selection List
5. Navigate to Control Panel -> Users -> Users & Organizations -> add User
6. Scroll down to Custom Fields and inspect HTML of the Testgroups
There is a <label> element with a for attribute that matches the id attribute of the <select>
There is no <label> element or an id for <select>