Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, Master
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Core Infrastructure > Database Access
- Database upgrading from 6.2 to 7.0
- Some content recorded using a clob structure with a size >= 4000 bytes
- RDBMS Oracle using a ojdbc7.jar driver library.
Important: There may be other RDBMS in a similar issue.
Steps to reproduce:
- Launch an upgrade process from 6.2 to 7.0 using Liferay upgrade client.
- Upgrade process ends without any errors.
- Some entities generate errors during upgrade because of data retrieval is truncated.
Oracle Support admits some bugs using getString(String) method under ojdbc7.jar driver library.
Oracle Support recommends using ojdbc8.jar driver library with at least Oracle 22.214.171.124.0 JDBC 4.2 versioning.