Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, Master
A user with permissions to view forms in Site Administration is able to access the individual form's edit menu. However, the user is unable to save any updates. The client expects that the user is unable to access edit controls for the form unless those permissions are explicitly given.
1) Create a new site role.
2) Add one permission to the role: Site Administration->Content->Forms->Access in Site Administration under General Permissions.
3) After saving you will notice the Summary of defined permissions is the following:
Forms: Access in Site Administration
Site Settings>Site: View Site Administration Menu
4) Add a new user.
5) Assign the user to the default site and assign the new role, as well.
6) In Control Panel->Content->Forms create a new Test Form.
7) Login to the site with User A and visit Control Panel->Content->Forms.
8) Click on the title of the form.
Expected Result: The edit controls should not be presented at all because the user does not have edit permissions.
Actual Results: On the next screen all editing controls are displayed to the user. The user can add fields and change field settings. However, if they click Save at the bottom of the form it will fail with an error, Your request failed to complete.