Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, Master
The client reports that when they use IE 11, they notice issues with large images in the Blogs WYSIWYG editor. The client provided a large image for testing, but it should be reproducible with a width that is greater than 1280px.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Download and unzip Liferay DXP
- Patch to DE42
- Startup Liferay
- Add a new page (1 column layout), add a blog portlet in any browser
- Add a new blog entry
- Insert attached screenshot image into the blog post content (Upload Image in Select File)
- Remove all width information using the source code for this image if any(width= and style="width:")
- View the blog entry in IE11 (Windows 10) assert that image is not overflowing the boundary of the portlet
- Edit the post
IE renders the image the same way any other browser does.
IE renders the image incorrectly and it overflows the boundary of the portlet. Below is an example of what the client sees.