Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: Master
Component/s: Page Templates > Display Page Templates
Sprint:WE | Sprint 13 | Mar4 - Mar17, WE | Sprint 14 | Mar18 - Mar31, WE | Sprint 15 | Apr1 - Apr5
Git Pull Request:
Currently it is possible to map any editable field of a fragment of the display template to any (compatible) field of the associated type of page result. This is very easy to use can solves all simple use cases. However it does not cover the most advanced use cases.
When creating the display page of a more advanced type of content it is some times necessary to be able to use some display logic to determine how the content should be displayed. For example:
- The value of some fields might affect whether other fields are displayed
- Some fields might actually not be intended to be shown, but still affect the display in some way.
- Some field might be repeatable and need to be iterated over.
Web Content templates are already a working solution for these advanced display needs. In order to solve the need we will leverage these templates by allowing a Marketer to select an pre-created template and map it to an HTML editable area. A web developer will need to create the template and make them available for Marketers.
When a display page editable area is mapped to a template, the presentation of an specific content with that display page should trigger the execution of the template and the result should be inserted in the mapped area and presented to the end user.
Show 2 tabs in a modal in order to allow marketers to select fields or display templates when they want mapping
- go to pages>Display Pages
- Click plus button
- Select Asset Type: web content
- Put a name for this new Display Page
- Create Page with fragments
- Click on Mapping
- Select Structure
- Click on Checkbox: show mapping areas
- hover on one of the mapping areas
- Select the action: Mapping Fields/Displays
- A lightbox should be open 2 tabs with a list of fields to select or a list of Displays with templates
- select one of them to map
Mockups (Visual Design)
|Allow to map web content templates in the same way as structure fields||Closed|
|Add staging support for mapped web content templates||Closed|
|Mark mapped & rendered web content template as mapped field||Closed|