Affects Version/s: 7.0.0 DXP SP7, 7.0.5 CE GA6, 7.0.0 DXP FP46, 7.0.X, Master
Fix Version/s: Master
Seems like more complex problem with translations and default sites and users language settings. Sites default language is set to German, users default language is Spanish. Can be different languages also.
As Users language setting has higher priority than sites language settings, user will have his page translated to Spanish. But as no Spanish translation is provided in Event, it should display sites default language translation, which is German.
- As Admin, navigate to your site -> Site Settings -> Languages
- Set sites default language "Custom default language...." -> select German
- Navigate to your site, add "Calendar" widget
- Create new event
- Set translations for English and German only and Save event
- As another User, set your users default language to Spanish
- Navigate to admins site, check calendar. User has to have permission to View event details.
Expected result: As sites default language is German, it should display German translation defaultly.
Actual result: Translation is English even though site is German as default
- CentOS, MySQL 5.6, Tomcat 9.0.6, FF 59.0.2
- 7.1.x nightly Master git ID: b6d2486ba477bacdadc497fa2ebe64a3548f2624, 7.0.5 GA6
Fix priority: S3 + L3 = 3