This issue is a bit tricky to explain, but it seems to only affect non-English localizations.
When creating a new form in Forms, after adding a form element to the work area, we will (1) click on the newly added form element to show the configuration panel on the right side. We will then, (2) click on the back arrow on the top of the configuration panel), then click on the form element on the work area. The description/configuration panel is now blank.
Steps to Reproduce
- Start up latest Master
- Sign in as firstname.lastname@example.org
- Under the "Liferay" site, go to Contents > Forms
- In Forms, click the to add a new form
- Change the language to another language (e.g. Spanish or Japanese) by adding the locale code to the URL (e.g. change English http://localhost:8080/group/guest/~/control_panel/manage?p_p_id=com_liferay_dynamic_data_mapping_form_web_portlet_DDMFormAdminPortlet to Spanish http://localhost:8080/es/group/guest/~/control_panel/manage?p_p_id=com_liferay_dynamic_data_mapping_form_web_portlet_DDMFormAdminPortlet)
- Click the to add a new element
- Drag and drop "Selección única" into the work area
- Click the back arrow (<) on the top of the configuration panel on the right
- Click on the "Selección única" in the workspace
- Assert that the configuration panel on the right is blank
When using non-English localization, the configuration panel is blank.
When using non-English localization, the configuration panel should display when selected.
We originally tested this in Japanese localization (reproduced the issue), then tested English (it worked as expected), then tested Spanish (reproduced) to determine that this behavior affects non-English localizations.