Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: Master
Git Pull Request:
QA Test Name:
QA Test Score:28
- Restart portal bundle on an empty MySQL database
- Create site "staging site"
- Add widget type page
- Create a site "remote live", note the site ID
- Navigate back to "staging site"
- Setup remote staging to "remote live" site (in the same bundle, with localhost, 8080, site ID)
- Publish to live via simple publication
Publication fails with "Lock wait timeout exceeded" - stacktrace
There are customers using staging with this type of "fake" remote configuration so it should be supported.
The origin of the problem is that export and import processes of the staging publication were moved into a single transaction as part of
LPS-80781. It was a requirement of the new changeset framework (7.1 feature) in order to avoid deleting changeset entries in case the publication fails during the import phase.
Solution is to move export and import processes back to separate transactions (it caused other problems too earlier) and solve the requirement of the changeset framework in a different way.