Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, Master
Component/s: ~ [Archived] Frontend Infrastructure
The session-expiration-warning message will show up on the main page and a pop-up page in its first iteration, but after the "extend the session" button is pressed on one of the windows (either pop-up or main), the message will not appear on the other window when the warning is displayed a second time.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Edit Liferay_home/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml and change <session-timeout>30</session-timeout> to <session-timeout>2</session-timeout>
2. Start Liferay session and log in
3. In Control Panel, click on the "Go to Other Site" icon and select the same site (or other site) but make sure it opens to a different tab (or window)
4. Make sure you can see both windows
5. Add Asset Publisher portlet to one of the pages and click to Configuration on the portlet (a configuration page pops up)
6. Wait for session-expiration-warning message to be displayed; it should be displayed on both pages
7. Click to extend the session another 2 minutes on either of the pages; warning message goes away on both pages
8. After another minute or so, the warning message will appear again
Warning message should appear on both windows
Warning message will only appear on the window that extended the session another 2 minutes
Note: If the other window that was not extended is subsequently refreshed, then it will see the warning message again. If it is not refreshed, it will not see any subsequent warning messages.
Also, there can be difficulty reproducing this as sometimes the session timeout won't pop up. I'm not sure what the base cause of that is, but starting up a new bundle as well as clearing browser caches is the workaround for testing.
Branch: Reproduced (9a859feed6f4f7670990c3a052bf8f183659cf7a)
Master: Reproduced (18cf21115794f670fd35af5ae9717f7ccc0cb2d2)