1. enable local staging with site pages variation for a site
2. add a new page to the site (page in the main variation)
3. navigate to the page and add a new site pages variation
4. navigate to Build > Pages and add a new page to the new site pages variation
5. from new site pages variation delete the page that was created in the main variation (page in the main variation)
6. navigate to the site
7. from the new site pages variation make a simple publish to live
publication fails with message:
"The publication process did not start due to validation errors.
There are missing references that could not be found in the Live Environment. Please publish again to Live ensuring the following elements are published from their own site:
Page In Site <site id>: <page name> (Referenced by a Site Navigation Menu Item: )"
Exception trace can be seen here.
Being able to make a successful publication from new site pages variation
Tested on master 78f4982