Affects Version/s: 7.0.0 DXP FP52, 7.0.X, 7.1.X, Master
Fix Version/s: None
Reproduce steps on master:
1. Create two sites
2. Enable remote staging for both sites
3. Upload a document in each site.
4. In the first site, use Publish to Live button to publish (do not use single asset publish function)
5. View PortletPreferences table in database. (use order by portletId asc for easy view)
6. There is an entry of com_liferay_exportimport_web_portlet_ChangesetPortlet created, with ownerId = 0, ownerType = 3, plid = 0. There is the value of last publish date in its preferences.
7. In the second site, use Publish to Live button to publish (do not use single asset publish function)
8. View PortletPreferences table in database. (use order by portletId asc for easy view)
Actual: The same entry was updated, notice that the last-publish-date is updated to a new value.
PS1: The same problem occurs even if the two sites are on two virtual instances(aka company).
PS2: The observation is different on 7.0.x and 70-fixpack, because single asset publish was not introduced yet. In step 6, you will have to look for correponding entry for diffirent module, ie com_liferay_document_library_web_portlet_DLPortlet.
PS3: Because single asset publish frame is introduced on master and 71, the behavior issue is hidden from the surface. On 70-fixpack though, if you set up two virtual instances and do the above steps, you wont be able to publish from the second site.
PS4: reproduced on master: e0dce1284a91abc6abfa8e5a887951bb1657bd63. The behavioral issue from PS3 can be reproduced on any fixpack. Due to some other problem, this reported problem can be reproduced on 7.0.x but he behavioral isuse from PS3 wont be reproduced on 7.0.x