Affects Version/s: 7.1.X, Master
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: App Management > Store
Currently, when trying to install an app from the App Manager > Store section, if the app requires a restart, the UI shows a confusing failure message.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Navigate to Control Panel > Apps > Store
- Sign in with your liferay credentails
- Search by the keyword "fjord"
- Click on the "Liferay Fjord Theme" search result
- Click on the "Free" button
- Select "For Personal Use only"
- Click the "Purchase" button
- Click the "See purchased" button
- On the "Liferay Fjord Theme" entry, click the "Install" button
- Click "OK" to accept the alert warning
After a brief moment, the install button is enabled again and a "Your request failed to complete" error message appears on the page
There is the following message in the server logs
2018-07-13 15:27:02.073 INFO [fileinstall-/Users/jose.balsas/Downloads/liferay-ce-portal-7.1.0-ga1/osgi/marketplace][LPKGArtifactInstaller:243] The portal instance needs to be restarted to complete the installation of /Users/jose.balsas/Downloads/liferay-ce-portal-7.1.0-ga1/osgi/marketplace/Liferay Fjord Theme - Impl.lpkg
The install button not to be enabled again and maybe an info message saying that "Your request completed successfully, but remember you need to restart your server to see the changes"