Affects Version/s: 7.0.0 DXP FP55, 7.0.X, 7.1.10 DXP GA1, 7.1.X, Master
Component/s: Collaboration > Announcements
Steps to reproduce it:
- Startup a DXP 7.0 or Master
- Create two sites A and B and one page per site
- Add the announcement portlet to both pages
- Create an announcement in A with that site as scope (in master go to configuration and select the site A in distribution Scope in the Add Announcement window)
- Go the configuration in the portlet for the site A and set that site as scope. Notice that you see the announcement in the portlet.
- Go to B and change the configuration to see site B as scope.
- Come back to site A and check if you see the annoucement and the configuration for the portlet.
The announcement is not shown in A and the site B is set as scope in the configuration.
The announcement is shown in A and the portlet configuration remains with scope A.
This is caused by the fact the property com.liferay.portlet.preferences-company-wide is set to true for the Announcement portlet. In 6.2 there were two Announcement portlets:
- The one in liferay-portal where you can't filter by scope (site) having the property com.liferay.portlet.preferences-company-wide set to true:
- The Social Office Announcement portlet which included the possibility to filter by scope and hence, com.liferay.portlet.preferences-company-wide set to false (default value):
So, since we keep the ability to filter by scope, we shoud set the property com.liferay.portlet.preferences-company-wide to false as it was in the Social Office portlet.