Affects Version/s: 7.0.0 DXP FP55, 7.0.X
Steps to Reproduce:
1) Startup Liferay
2) Navigate to Content > Documents and Media
3) Configure WebDAV. (used following documentation as reference):
4) In Content > Documents & Media, add an image file (.png or .jpg for example)
5) Refresh File Explorer to verify image exists and WebDAV is working appropriately
- Note: Make sure thumbnail view is set for Windows
6) From Network drive, edit the image
7) Save the image and verify change reflects in thumbnail in File Explorer
8) Go back to the Documents and Media Portlet in Liferay and refresh the Page
Expected Result: The modified image would show in the preview/thumbnail in Liferay
Actual Result: The modification performed to the image is not showing in preview/thumbnail in Liferay
Note: This issue is not reproducible if Adaptive Media is active. Adaptive Media must be deactivated to test. I have not been able to reproduce it on Linux, only on Windows.
7.0 DXP SP8
7.0 bundle patched to DE-55
7.0.x - 09e11270d50284b6b0a086bfda74219e2d51bc2b (Adaptive Media deactivated)
Master - 8886c557d3888f307e34df07039acecf12fdc978 (Adaptive Media uninstalled)
7.1.x - f306287b7824de56a50cc23d57204b567c424d72 (Adaptive Media uninstalled)
Image Editors Tested:
Paint (Windows 10) - Reproduced.
Paint 3D (Windows 10) - Not reproduced.
GIMP (Linux) - Not reproduced.
Pinta (Linux) - Not reproduced.