Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, 7.1.X, Master
- Create portlet-ext.properties file under (Liferay Home)\tomcat-9.0.6\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes folder
- Add this line to the portlet-ext.properties file:
- Start up bundle
- Create a new site
- Set up local staging, with default settings
- Create a web content, add a tag
- Start a new publication in Publishing --> Staging menu
- Select "All" in "Content" section
- Click "Refresh Counts" --> Check "Tags" --> Click "Change"
Expected behavior: "Merge Tags by Name" option should be checked by default
Actual behavior: "Merge Tags by Name" option is unchecked
Note: the original problem was that in Remote Staging the "staging.merge.tags.by.name" property is ignored in Live instance, when using "Advanced Publication" in Staging instance. Even when no specific option is set during the publication, it overrides the "Merge Tags by Name" option, when the Live site processes the publication.