After starting up a clean instance, if we arbitrarily save the default site's settings (i.e. without any modifying any data, click save) with the default localization configuration, then change the instance settings localization to a very specific set, trying to save the default site's settings again results in validation errors.
Steps to Reproduce
- Start up Liferay in English (United States)
- Go to Site Settings
- In the Liferay DXP Site Settings, click Save
- Go to Control Panel -> Configuration -> Instance Settings, then change the site name from Liferay DXP to "Testing", then Save.
- Open Control Panel -> Configuration -> Instance Settings > Open Miscellaneous tab
- At the Available Languages section, exclude all languages from the "Current" languages list, and move "English(United States)" and "Indonesian(Indonesia)" languages from "Available" list to "Current" list, then click "Save"
- Open Site Settings, then click Save in the Site Settings.
No error message is thrown if there isn't any localized data. Or, improve messaging to indicate what is causing the validation problem.
Error message that says "Please select the available languages of the site among the available languages of the portal (Indonesian (Indonesia), English (United States))." appeared at the top of the screen.
DXP 7.0 + DE-54
Note: In Master, in step 5, after you click on the hamburger bar, go into Site Settings.