Workflows permit an "Unpublish" functionality, but there is no OOTB "re-publish" functionality. The only way to re-publish an unpublished workflow is to save the same workflow again. Even if there aren't any changes to the original unpublished workflow, the version number is increased/changed (+1). This is strange since we are simply trying to restore the original version that was unpublished at a certain period in time.
Steps to Reproduce
- Product Menu > Control Panel > Configuration > Workflow
- Add a new workflow, with a title, and save
- Click the icon on the right hand of the workflow editor and assert that the TOTAL MODIFICATIONS reads "1 Revisions" (note: "1 Revisions" is incorrect also, it should be Revision(s) to sanitize for singular nouns)
- In that newly created workflow, click the Options icon on the top right corner, and click Unpublish.
- When the unpublished workflow loads again, click the icon again, and notice that the TOTAL MODIFICATIONS is still at 1 Revisions.
- Click Save on the workflow, to republish the unpublished workflow
- Click the icon again, and check the TOTAL MODIFICATIONS count
TOTAL MODIFICATIONS reads 2 Revisions, even if we're not publishing any changes, just a simple republish.
- If a workflow is saved without any changes to its content or title, or any other modifiable features, then the version number should not increase.
- If a workflow is unpublished, its version number should not increase when using the Save form without any changes--or, provide a way to "republish" the unpublished workflow
7.1.X Private Commit: d22a0085ba3d894122231249743a701b82c87a79