When we create a posting on Announcements and Alerts in Control Panel, this would send out an email to all users (when configured to default settings). This was confirmed to work in 7.1.X Private Commit: d22a0085ba3d894122231249743a701b82c87a79.
The email upon Alerts and Announcements creation is not working on the latest 7.1.X Private Commit: 641d618ef89ea8717f329539219bca9211bdcd18.
Steps to Reproduce
- Configure working SMTP server to Liferay
- Add a user with a valid email address
- Assert that the new user receives an email for account creation (this verifies SMTP interaction is working)
- Go to Control Panel > Configuration > Announcements and Alert
- Add Announcement with default configuration
- Wait for Announcement email notification to be sent to the new user
Announcement email is not sent out to the new user
Announcement email is sent to the new user as seen in 7.1.X Private Commit: d22a0085ba3d894122231249743a701b82c87a79.
7.1.X Private Commit: 641d618ef89ea8717f329539219bca9211bdcd18