Redesign the current Information Architecture for editing a document in Documents and Media.
- Versioning just affect some of the metadata fields. Initially we thought the new information architecture should be divided thinking into the way versioning behaves. However that's not a good idea because we were structuring the information based on our technical constraints.
- Vertical Navigation with Horizontal tabs has some interactions challenges with validations. We decided to go with horizontal tabs and reorganize the contextual file actions.
- Plus button: We will remove all the documents type within and we will create a new contextual action to convert a file to a Document (choosing a document type).
- Upload File: We add a new action within the plus button.
- Properties are the new word for the action that contains metadata and related assets.