Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Documents & Media
The goal of this spike is to explore new experiences to upload a new version of a document. Right now, to create a new version, the user must go into "Edit" dialog and upload a new file. But we should explore new ways like:
- Independent file upload
- Detect a duplicate upload and propose the user to increment the version
- Actions in Preview?
- It seems not fair for users show an additional modal window when the user has clicked "Upload a new version".
- It makes no sense to propose increment the version if we detect a duplicate, it's common to upload new versions of the same file with the same name. If the file name is different, the file must uploaded.
- Upload modal make sense to be placed when the user decides to upload a file or multiples files.
- The Upload modal would help us for the bulk actions feature (but not for a new version).