Affects Version/s: 7.0.0 DXP SP8, 7.1.10 DXP FP2
IllegalArgumentException errors are thrown for subsequent startups of Liferay DXP if the initial startup is interrupted.
The IllegalArgumentExceptions involve LPKG and WAR files, such as:
This issue is only reproducible with LPKGs.
In order to test this issue, it would be best to download an actual Liferay bundle.
Steps to Reproduce
- Download Liferay DXP 7.1 Bundle
- Delete folder: osgi/state if it exists
- Start Liferay DXP 7.1 using the terminal with the following command:
- Watch the terminal console for the following lines:
- Startup should pause here for a moment..
- Prepare to force liferay to quit (using ctrl + c, kill -9, or a similar command)
- Once you notice the log continuing to output messages, force liferay to quit
- Start Liferay again with the same startup command
Liferay starts without errors
Liferay throws illegalArgumentExceptions when starting
Sample snippet of an IllegalArgumentException that is thrown: