It is common to execute the upgrade process in a separate server due to the infrastructure conditions (more memory, CPU, better connection with the database, isolated server, etc.). To achieve that we usually connect to the server via SSH.
Prior to this LPS, if the SSH connection is lost or interrupted the upgrade process stopped. Now the upgrade process continues running in the server even when the connection is lost. If this happens you will need to follow these steps to check the database upgrade status:
- Connect to the server via SSH again.
- Check the status of the upgrade process in the upgrade.log file
- If the upgrade is still running you should take a look at the log until it finishes.
- If everything finished ok you can start your server using the upgraded database.
- If there was any issue during the upgrade you should need to analyze it. Once the analysis is finished nad you have taken the proper measures, you will be able to execute the tool again to connect to the Gogo Shell and check the status of the modules or to relaunch the failed upgrade processes from the latest point of failure once you fixed the issue.