For several of the needed features for DAM, it makes sense to have a single management interface where Business Users can do the work of managing Assets.
An appliance manufacturer has Products (in their Product Catalog), Product Web Pages, How-to Blogs, How-to Videos, and Rebate Offers (PDF + Web Page). They want to associate these Assets together, even though they are coming from multiple places in Liferay and in third-party systems. They’ll do publishing, personalization, and asset management activities across all these different Assets.
Things you can do with the Asset Manager
- Use search to find the Assets they’re looking for en masse, regardless of where they’re stored and what type of Asset they are. Also provide facets and filters as ways to refine results.
- Edit/apply tags, categories, or meta-data in bulk, to selected items from search results or filters or when bulk uploading new assets
- Create Asset collections and share them
- See all assets for a given tag, category or user segment.
- Identify and remove assets that are old, seldomly engaged, have large file sizes
- See where a given asset or assets are used/published
- Suggest tags via ML engine or simple high-correlation algorithm
The goal of this spike is to conceptualize this idea, and understand all the implications we will find in the future.