Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, 7.1.X, Master
1. Set a vanilla portal and start it.
2. Go to Control Panel --> Sites --> add a site
3. Go to Sites and click on the 3 dots on the right of the new site and add a child site to it.
4. Go to parent site and from Control Panel --> Categorization add a Vocabulary and select from ASSOCIATED ASSET TYPES "Web Content Article", "All Asset Subtypes" and turn "Required" to Yes, then save.
5. Go to child site and from Content --> Web Content --> add a Basic Web Content.
Note: At the metadata you will see that the category is marked as required.
6. Do not select any category and Publish.
Actual Result: The web content is successfully published without issues or warning messgaes.
Expected Result: The set category should affect the web content on child site and thus web content is not published without adding the category.
master @ d8963b7006ccd2aba8436417071b65593b745c71