Note that I have only been able to reproduce this when selecting the navigation menu through clicking the "Choose Menu" radio button. I cannot reproduce this through creating a primary navigation menu and having the navigation menu widget configured with "Select Navigation > Primary Navigation". Going this route produces a different bug:
Tomcat 9.0.10 + MySQL 5.7. Portal master GIT ID: eb537b31302c1bc5b90ceb2a4bf0dcd1b0b04f33.
Tomcat 9.0.10 + MySQL 5.7. Portal 7.1.x-private GIT ID: 0bc3f73db652e038076e7938549b057fb582f845.
Tomcat 9.0.6 + MySQL 5.7. Portal 7.1.10 FP2.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a site with some pages
- Activate staging for that site
- Create a navigation menu with some menu items (add some pages, URL's, etc)
- Configure the navigation menu widget to use the navigation menu
- Click Widget Ellipsis > Configuration
- Click Choose Menu
- Select the navigation menu
- Save the configuration
- Publish the site
- Edit the navigation menu (add/remove some pages or URL's, etc)
- Navigate to the live site
The navigation menu widget in the live site should appear as the original navigation menu before the edits in Step 6 because the edits are not supposed to have been published yet.
The navigation menu that displays will reflect the edits from Step 6. If the user deletes the navigation menu, both the staging and live site navigation menu widgets will say "The selected menu does not exist" without any publish.