Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: Master
Component/s: Documents & Media
Sprint:Col | Sprint 4 | Nov19 - Nov30, Col | Sprint 9 | Feb18 - Mar5, Col | Sprint10 | Mar6 - Mar15, Col | Sprint11 | Mar19 - Mar28, Col | Sprint 3 | Nov5 - Nov16, Col | Sprint 12 | Apr1 - Apr5
Git Pull Request:
The goal of this story is to handle an error gracefully,
give feedback to the user to avoid confusion and frustration.
- As a user, When a file preview doesn't load, I want to get informed
- As a user, When a file preview doesn't load, I want to know a possible solution
- As a user, I want to get feedback when a file is still loading
- As a user, I want to get feedback if there is an error with the file
When the user clicks to preview the file user should:
- Preview the file ( success state )
- No preview available ( error state )
- explain / inform
- suggest a possible solution
- call to action ( if applicable)
Follow Lexicon empty state pattern link
- Empty state:**
Generic No preview available
No preview available
Hmm... looks like this item doesn't have a preview we can show you.
Use case: This ** message is used in several cases such as error, unknown, file with the incorrect extension, unknown file, file corrupted, any other generic reason preview didn't load.
Info alert to display when file taking longer than usual to load the preview.
Features not included in 7.2 but should be considered for future
3. The File is too large to preview ( There is bug created for this feature** *https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-91751* )
However, we might have to create a story to implement this feature.
File too big to preview
File exceeds size limit to preview,
download to view it.
4. File with no preview ( zip type file)
No preview available
.zip files not supported for preview.
4. File not supported for preview
File not supported for preview
" x " files not supported for preview.
Use external apps to open it.
Use scenario: The user needs to login to account with permission to preview
for example, A user has been passed a link to a file, but the file requires permission to access, or a user not logged into an account but does not have access to this particular file