Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, 7.1.X, Master
Branch Version/s:7.1.x, 7.0.x
Backported to Branch:Committed
Browsers:Internet Explorer 10, Internet Explorer 11
Git Pull Request:
IE's got a very odd bug where:
- the form is enctype="multipart/form-data"
- AND the form data is sent via AJAX/XMLHttpRequest/HXR
- AND the form has either:
- an input without a name
- OR a checkbox input as the last input in the form, and is not checked
The resulting Request FormData will be malformed.
To fix this issue requires a hack.
Before the AJAX Request is sent, you append a bogus/extra input at the end of the form.
It turns out, we were accidentally doing that, when we append the p_auth input to the form. When that feature is turned off, the hack is removed and the IE bug shows up.
This issue is not reproducible/discovered in master but the underlying issue is still there and should be fixed.
Steps to Reproduce:
- In portal-ext.properties, set auth.token.check.enabled=false
- Start server
- In IE11 open Portal
- Navigate to Documents and Media => [ + ] button => Folder
- Enter any name
- Click [ Save ]
Browser forwards/navigates to Documents and Media root folder, with new folder created.
- Browser does not forward/navigate and stays on the New Folder form.
- Form displays confirmation message: "Your request completed successfully"
- New folder is never created.
- Tomcat errors: