Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: Master
Component/s: Documents & Media
Sprint:Col | Sprint 4 | Nov19 - Nov30, Col | Sprint 5 | Dec3 - Dec14, Col | Sprint 6 | Dec17 - Jan18, Col | Sprint 7 | Jan22 - Feb1
Git Pull Request:
Bulk actions can take a long time to finish. Because of that, we need to run these actions asynchronously and notify the user of the status of these actions. The goal of this story is to define and implement the UI that will do this notification.
- When a user runs a bulk action, the user will be able to see the status of the bulk action.
As user I want to...
Steps to Reproduce
- Select All the items in a folder
- Edit Categories
- Add some categories and Save
- Add In-Progress bar
- If a bulk action is triggered the In-Progress bar is shown
- If a bulk action is still running the bar remains shown (if the user leaves DM and goes back the bar is already shown).
- If a bulk action is still running and other bulk action is triggered, the bar remains shown.
- If the bulk action has finished, the bar is hidden.
- If the bulk action has individual errors but still running, the bar remains shown.
- If the bulk action is blocked, the bar is hidden.
- If the user perform a single action we don't want to distract users showing the bar by default for each action triggered. We have defined a period of time (1s) to complete the action without showing the bar, over that time the bar must be shown.
For now, we are going to keep the current alerts as we have. For future stories, we will study change the messages or add more feedback information for users.
8px between the loading indicator and text
- The text message “Processing actions…” and the indicator are center and middle aligned.
- The loading indicator must be animated as it is indicated in Clay guidelines.
- When the bar is shown it doesn’t push down the content.
- Use an Ease In-Out function during 400ms initially, but it’s a tentative value, we should adjust it once it’s implemented.
BULK ACTION TRIGGERED WHILE A FILTER IS APPLIED
If a user decides to filter the dataset and performs a bulk action, the filter and in-progress bar will be in the interface as it’s displayed in the following screenshot:
Just the filter bar pushes down the content below
- See how many actions are in progress
- See bulk actions in progress
- Be notified when a bulk action has finished
- See details of the bulk actions finished
- Cancel the progress of a bulk action
- Manage conflicts and errors of the individual items of a bulk action