Affects Version/s: 7.0.0 DXP FP63, 7.0.X, 7.1.1 CE GA2, 7.1.X, Master
Component/s: Frontend Infrastructure > Image Editor
Repeat the following steps with the attached three same Chevrolet images.
The difference are, one has upper case extension name; one has repeated extension name; one has regular extension name;
1. Go to Document and Media Admin
2. Add a basic document with the Chevroletfile, and save
3. Verify that in $LIFERAY_HOME/data/document_library/xxxx/$SITE_ID/$LATEST_FOLDER, there is file of version 1.0.
4. use any image viewer to check it's MIMEType, should be JPEG/JPG
5. Come back to DM, click the 3 dots of the image file, and select edit with image editor
6. Do any editing, for example, cropping, and save
Expected: go to step 3, there should a new version of the file 1.1, use any image viewer to check it's MIMEType, should also be JPEG/JPG
Real: go to step 3, there should a new version of the file 1.1, use any image viewer to check it's MIMEType, is PNG
The ones with upper case extension and repeated extension are converted to PNG files.