Affects Version/s: 7.1.0 CE GA1, 7.1.10 DXP FP3, 7.1.X, Master
Component/s: Page Templates
When renaming a Widget Page Template with an invalid name (e.g. the same name as an existing Content/Widget Page Template or a name longer than the max length), an error does not get displayed to the user. Instead, the rename dialog hangs & the Save button is in an in-progress (spinning) state.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Expand the site on the left.
- Go to Build > Pages > Page Templates tab.
- Create a new/choose an existing collection.
- Create Content & Widget Page Templates.
- Rename a Widget Page Template to the same name of either a Content/Widget Page
Template or a name that is longer than the max length.
An error should be displayed.
- When entering an existing name: "A page template entry with that name already exists." (which is consistent with adding a new template with existing name)
- When entering a name that's too long: "Please enter a valid name." (which is consistent with adding a new template with a name that's too long)
No error is displayed. Instead, the rename dialog hangs & the Save button is in an in-progress (spinning) state.
Branch 71x: Reproduced (1210e9c11fbd461afbf455f0553d76fd2e08e59f)
Master: Reproduced (3e63d23e9213b90da5c2cec263038cf282e7a5d2)