Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 7.1.1 CE GA2, 7.1.10 DXP FP4, 7.1.X, Master
When I upload MS Word files to DM thumbnails are only generated for DOC but not for DOCX files.
Steps to reproduce:
- Download LR tomcat bundle liferay-ce-portal-tomcat-7.1.1-ga2-20181112144637000.7z
- Start openoffice/libreoffice in server mode soffice -headless -accept="socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=8100;urp;"
- activate systemsettings for openoffice
- upload DOC and DOCX file to DM
- thumbnails are available for DOC and DOCX
com.liferay.document.library.document.conversion-1.0.11.jar included in Liferay CE Collaboration - Liferay CE Document Library - Impl.lpkg contains an old version jodconverter-2.2.0 jar.
This version does not support docx files yet (see Release notes: JODConverter 2.2.2
- added docx, xlsx, and pptx (supported by OOo since v3.0) to default formats)
Therefore in DocumentConversionImpl method _populateConversionsMap() there will not be a mapping available for docx files.
The correct version of jodconverter is available in webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\lib but obviously not used.